Labels

February 19, 2011

Just Doing It

Today my husband, two good friends and I joined a group of local cyclists on the CircumRaleigh Greenway Ride. This was a 24 mile bike ride circumnavigating Raleigh utilizing the greenway system. Yes, I said 24 miles. I haven't ridden my bike that far in...ever. We were lucky to have an absolutely beautiful day for this great feat, and now I am just about ready to turn into a big pile of jello.

As far as exercise is concerned, I think that riding a bicycle is my favorite variety. However, it isn't something that I do on a regular basis, so today's ride was a challenge. I admit that I had some doubts about how I would hold up for that distance, but I didn't really say anything about it to my husband, who happens to have way more confidence in my athletic abilities than I do. But I got out there and did it. Not to say that I wasn't cursing many of the hills we had to climb, the wind, and the chafing from the padded shorts I borrowed (I did this loudly and with gusto). Still, despite all that, by the end of the 24 miles, I really had a sense of accomplishment and surprise that I completed this monumental physical task without much trouble.

What does this have anything to do with my current endeavor to make and sell handmade jewelry? Not much other than the fact that I just need to do it. Much of my indecision is the fear of failure, or the evil little voice in the back of my head that makes me doubt my abilities from time to time. I enjoy making handcrafted jewelry and creating other handmade items, I can do this!

I've ordered a few supplies and have many more to order. I'm a bit gun shy on the amounts of chain, beads and findings I should be purchasing at this point. The prices get better with higher quantities, and as much of a bargain shopper that I am, I am just going to have to suck it up and purchase the smaller quantities at first until I actually start making some sales. I just have to "do" it.

No comments:

Post a Comment